Sunday, April 11, 2010

Moving to, and moved by the Music

Daily activity that's moderately vigorous.
Appropriate food portions.
These basic guidelines for optimal physical health are no secret. So why don't I get with the program?
I've been thinking more about this since reading health information related to body mass index (Ugh!), portion sizes, and daily activity guidelines for cardiac health.
When considering the triad of ingredients for successful skill performance-knowledge, skill and attitude-my behavior breaks down along skill lines. How do I incorporate an hour of physical activity into my life? What may have to change?
And what about my spiritual health? My daily behaviors that strengthen my faith? My prayer and service skills?
Nike's catch phrase, "Just do it" comes to mind, because getting bogged down with questions and details does me no good. Sometimes music helps where exercise is concerned. It's more motivating to complete an activity program with accompaniment. Music can also help me keep a thankful, service oriented attitude.
Here is one of my favorite tunes, "Edelweiss" with a new twist on the words. Whenever this tune runs through my mind, I hear these words instead of the original lyrics...and I think about how blessed I am.

Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ
Every morning you greet me,
Soft and wise, clean and bright,
You look happy to meet me.

Blessings they flow may they bloom and grow,
Bloom and grow forever,
Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ,
Bless my homeland forever.

Amen and thank you Lord for all of your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment