Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back online

Due to some error on our blog template, we were unable to make any new posts recently.  I apologize for this delay.  Today I was able to change the blog template, so we have a new look.  This change also cleared up whatever it was that was preventing new posts to be created.  So we're back online now! 

I recently listened to a Presbyterian Outlook webinar from church consultant Tom Ehrich entitled "Overcoming Invisibility."  This is part of the series he is doing over the next few weeks--"Turnaround Strategies for Your Church." 

It's interesting to me that he didn't say anything at all about the physical location of churches.  All he talked about was the virtual presence that we have online.  He said every pastor should be a blogger and should blog daily.  Every pastor should have a Facebook and a Twitter presence. 

The key is not to reach out to existing church members, but to have an online presence that reaches new audiences.  This is nothing new to millions of people who already use social media.  The trick is can the church recognize this as the way to connect with people?  Will the church support ministries that don't get people here on Sunday mornings, but still help to change lives? 

I'm going to do my part. 

You can follow me on Twitter:  @davidivie1 

Peace,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment